The Nissan Fuga is a Japanese luxury saloon that has been in production for two generations since 2004. The first generation known as the Y50 series was in production from 2004 to 2009, the second generation known as the Y51 series has been in production from 2009 to present.
The 2012 Nissan Fuga comes with 3 engine options, these are the 2.5 Litre VQ25HR engine, the 3.7 Litre VQ37VHR engine and the 3.5 Litre VQ35HR hybrid engine. These are linked to a 7 speed Automatic Transmission and are available in both 2WD and 4WD.
2012 Nissan Fuga Grades
- Nissan Fuga 250GT A Package – This is the base grade that comes with the 2.5L engine, 2WD, 17-Inch alloy rims, key Start, DVD/Radio player and manually operated clothe seats.
- Nissan Fuga 250GT – This grade comes with the 2.5L engine, 2WD, 17-Inch alloy rims, Smart Start, DVD/Radio player and manually operated clothe seats.
- Nissan Fuga 250 VIP – This is a luxury grade that comes with the 2.5L engine, 2WD, 18-Inch alloy rims, Smart Start, DVD/Radio player, electrically operated leather seats and wood grain.
- Nissan Fuga 370GT – This grade comes with the 3.7L engine, 2WD, 17-Inch alloy rims, Smart Start, DVD/Radio player and manually operated clothe seats.
- Nissan Fuga 370GT Type S – This grade comes with the 3.7L engine, 2WD, 20-Inch alloy rims, Smart Start, DVD/Radio player, electrically operated clothe seats and paddle shifts.
- Nissan Fuga 370 VIP – This is a luxury grade that comes with the 3.7L engine, 2WD, 18-Inch alloy rims, Smart Start, DVD/Radio player, electrically operated leather seats and wood grain.
- Nissan Fuga 370GT Four A Package – This grade comes with the 3.7L engine, 4WD, 17-Inch alloy rims, Smart Start, DVD/Radio player and manually operated clothe seats.
- Nissan Fuga 370GT Four – This grade comes with the 3.7L engine, 4WD, 17-Inch alloy rims, Smart Start, DVD/Radio player and electrically operated clothe seats.
- Nissan Fuga Hybrid A Package – This is the base hybrid grade that comes with the 3.5L engine, 2WD, 17-Inch alloy rims, Smart Start, DVD/Radio player and manually operated clothe seats.
- Nissan Fuga Hybrid – This is the base hybrid grade that comes with the 3.5L engine, 2WD, 17-Inch alloy rims, Smart Start, DVD/Radio player and electrically operated clothe seats.
- Nissan Fuga Hybrid VIP – This is a luxury hybrid grade that comes with the 3.5L engine, 2WD, 18-Inch alloy rims, Smart Start, DVD/Radio player, electrically operated leather seats and wood grain.
Legroom & Space
The Nissan Fuga has a luxurious and spacious interior with enough room to recline. Though the interior lacks the premium feel of a high end car, it’s sufficiently luxurious and commensurate to the price of the car. At the first row, both seats have good legroom and can comfortably accommodate tall people. The passenger seat comes with an Ottoman leg rest that adds a touch of luxury. At the second row, the legroom is great for the outer seats but the middle seat is cramped by the transmission tunnel.
There are several storage compartments in the cabin that are useful for storing items such as smartphones, beverages, goggles, handbags etc. At the first row there are 2 cup-holders, door panel storage , a storage shelf below the dashboard, a glovebox and the center-box. For the second row, there’s storage on the front seat jacket pockets.
2012 Nissan Fuga Boot Space
The boot space is nothing to write home about. It can probably carry 2 medium sized suitcases and some space to spare for groceries.
Other Extras: Ottoman leg rest, memory seats, all auto windows
Safety Features: SRS Airbags, Curtain airbags, ABS, Electronic Stability Control, VDC, 3 Point ELR seatbelt, Lane Departure Prevention, Vehicle Sound for Pedestrian
The exterior design is magnificent and resembles an exotic sports car. The dual exhaust and well crafted alloy rims give a sporty look that is visually appealing.
2012Nissan Fuga Fuel Consumption
2012 Nissan Fuga 2.5L fuel consumption: 11.2 km/L
2012 Nissan Fuga 3.7L fuel consumption: 9.2 km/L
2012 Nissan Fuga 3.5L Hybrid fuel consumption: 19.0 km/L
2012 Nissan Fuga Acceleration
2012 Nissan Fuga 2.5L accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 8.5 sec.
2012 Nissan Fuga 3.7L accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 6.0 sec.
2012 Nissan Fuga 3.5L Hybrid accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 5.8 sec.
2012 Nissan Fuga Fuel Tank Capacity: 80Litres
2012 Nissan Fuga Ground Clearance
The 2012 Nissan Fuga has a ground clearance of 5.7 Inches(145mm) which is below the minimum recommended clearance of 6.5 Inches for Kenyan roads. It may be necessary to modify the ground clearance to adjust the car to Kenyan roads. Read our guidelines here on how to safely increase a vehicle’s ground clearance.
2012 Nissan Fuga Stability and Handling
The Nissan Fuga is a powerful car with acceleration that approaches sports car territory. The suspension is solid and handles with precision. The 3.5L and 3.7L are particularly so powerful that plenty of sobriety is called for when behind the wheel.
Minor Service: At 10,000 km. Requires Air Cleaner, Oil Filter, and Engine Oil
Major Service: At 15,000km. Requires Air Cleaner, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter, ATF Filter, Cabin Filter, Plugs, Front Brake Pads, Rear Brake Pads, ATF Oil, and Engine Oil
Spare Parts Availability, Cost & Where to buy
Service parts are very affordable and widely available in Kenya. Body parts are somewhat expensive and availability varies. In Nairobi, most spare shops in Industrial Area and Kirinyaga Road stock these parts. You can get listings for these shops in this link
2012 Nissan Fuga Reliability
The driving conditions in Kenya are significantly different from those in Japan and Europe. Reliability reviews done for those markets largely do not apply to the Kenyan market. There are differences in roads, fuel, climate, spares, and technical expertise. To give you accurate and reliable local insights, we interview experts such as mechanics and car dealers, who have in-depth knowledge of the Kenyan market. We also test the cars ourselves. Our aim is to give you the right information to enable you make an informed decision when buying a car.
As we pointed out earlier, the Nissan Fuga has garnered a reputation for having a dodgy body construction. After some years of use, the body tends to rattle especially if the car is used on bumpy roads and our roads are really bumpy. Major care is required when driving on bumpy roads and a regular maintenance to tighten things up is prescribed. There are no other major long term reliability issues and as always, we advise that you thoroughly read the Owner’s Manual as it contains vital information on how the car should maintained. To download the 2012 Nissan Fuga Owner’s Manual, click here.
Resale Value: Low
Nissan Fuga Competitors: Toyota Mark X, Audi A4, the BMW 3 Series, and the Mercedes C Class.
Cost of Ownership
Purchase Price: from Ksh.1,400,000
Comprehensive Insurance: Average Ksh. 50,000/ per annum- Or
3rd Party Insurance: Ksh. 7,000/- per annum
Change of Tyres(If neccessary) Ksh. 40,000/- for 4 Tyres
See Latest Nissan Fuga Prices
What we like about the 2012 Nissan Fuga
1. Powerful Acceleration
2. Spacious Interior
3. Cheaper to maintain compared to its competitors
What we don’t
The body rattles over time
The Nissan Fuga is a spacious and comfortable car that is right up the backyard of some of the high-end German cars such as the Audi A4, BMW 3 Series and Mercedes C Class. It is an affordable alternative that boasts of a sports car pedigree and its credentials cannot be overlooked. It straddles the line between a sports car and a luxury sedan which makes a compelling case to a potential buyer.
Where to Buy the 2012 Nissan Fuga in Kenya
If you are looking to either import or buy the Nissan Fuga locally, we can help you with this process. Over the years, we have developed a network of trusted dealers both in Kenya and Japan who supply us with exceptional cars. Simply call us or send us a message through our contacts below and we’ll get you the right car at the right price.
Related Cars for Sale on Topcar
Trade in or Sell Your Car
If you currently own a car that you want to sell or trade-in, we can help you to;
1. Sell it quickly and conveniently to thousands of buyers on our website.
2. Trade-it in for a new one. We work with trusted dealers and you get the car of your choice.
3. Get financing and hire purchase terms on the car you choose.
Simply list your car on our website through this link and let us do the rest. You get these services for only Ksh. 500.
Contact Us To Import This Car
Send Us an Email