The Mitsubishi Pajero has been in production from 1982 to present. The first generation was in production from 1982 to 1991, the second generation from 1991 to 1999, the third generation from 1999 to 2006 and the fourth generation from 2006 to present.
The 2013 Mitsubishi Pajero is available with 3 engine options, these are a 3.0 Litre 6 cylinder SOHC petrol engine, a 3.2 Litre 4 cylinder DOHC Turbo-diesel engine and a 3.8 Litre 6 cylinder SOHC MIVEC petrol engine. These are linked to either a 5-Speed automatic transmission or a 5-Speed manual transmission, all with full range 4WD.
2013 Mitsubishi Pajero Grades
The Mitsubishi Pajero is available in short-wheelbase(denoted by Short) and long-wheelbase versions(denoted by Long).
- Mitsubishi Pajero Short VR-I – This is a 5-seater, 3 door version that comes with the 3.0 Litre petrol engine, available in both automatic and manual transmission, 16-Inch alloy rims, keyless entry + key start and cloth seats
- Mitsubishi Pajero Short VR-II – This is a 5-seater, 3 door version that comes with the 3.2 Litre turbo diesel engine, available only in an automatic transmission, 18-Inch alloy rims, keyless entry + key start, optional leather seats and cruise control
- Mitsubishi Pajero 3.0 Long GR – This is a 7-seater, 5 door version that comes with the 3.0 Litre petrol engine, available in both automatic and manual transmission, 16-Inch alloy rims, keyless entry + key start and cloth seats
- Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 Long GR – This is a 7-seater, 5 door version that comes with the 3.2 Litre turbo diesel engine, available only in an automatic transmission, 17-Inch alloy rims, keyless entry + key start, optional leather seats and cruise control
- Mitsubishi Pajero 3.0 Long Exceed – This is a 7-seater, 5 door version that comes with the 3.0 Litre petrol engine, available only in an automatic transmission, 17-Inch alloy rims, keyless entry + key start, optional leather seats, cruise control and AC power supply.
- Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 Long Exceed – This is a 7-seater, 5 door version that comes with the 3.2 Litre turbo diesel engine, available only in an automatic transmission, 17-Inch alloy rims, keyless entry + key start, optional leather seats, cruise control, sunroof and AC power supply.
- Mitsubishi Pajero 3.8 Long Super Exceed – This is a luxury grade 7-seater, 5 door version that comes with the 3.8 Litre petrol engine, available only in an automatic transmission, 18-Inch alloy rims, keyless entry + key start, optional leather seats, cruise control, sunroof, rain sensors and AC power supply.
- Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 Long Super Exceed – This is the ranging topping 7-seater, 5 door version that comes with the 3.2 Litre turbo diesel engine, available only in automatic transmission, 18-Inch alloy rims, keyless entry + key start, leather seats, cruise control, sunroof, rain sensors, AC power supply and Navigation system.
Interior & Exterior
The Mitsubishi Pajero is a large 4×4 with capacity to comfortably carry 7 passengers. At the first row, the space is excellent and there’s enough legroom for tall people. At the second row, the legroom is similarly impressive with enough room to stretch. At the third row, the space is moderate and passengers will find it tolerable. The seats are not as well elevated as in the Land Rover Discovery so passengers seat with a slight bend to the knees.
The Mitsubishi Pajero is a tall car with sharp and angular edges which gives it a masculine look. All grades come with alloy rims and fog lights. Higher grades come with extras such as sidesteps and roof rails.
One of the best features in this car is the AC power socket which is an immensely useful feature when you’re on the road. You can power most of your AC equipment such as laptops, car fridges, phones, TVs and much more. For example, we were able to quickly charge our camera equipment on the road without having to rely on our backup batteries.
There are plenty of storage compartments in the cabin that are useful for storing items such as smartphones, beverages, goggles, handbags etc. In the first row, there are 4 cup-holders, door panel storage, a glovebox and the center-box. For the second row, there are 2 cupholders, front seat jacket pockets and door pockets. For the third row, there is one cup holder and a storage shelf.
In the 5-seater configuration, the boot space is humongous and can carry plenty of luggage. In the 7-seater configuration, the boot space is very small and cannot carry any meaningful luggage. When extra space is required to transport bulky luggage, the third row and second row seats can be folded down to free up space.
Other Extras: Sunroof, AC Power Output, Navigation system.
Safety Features: SRS Airbags, Curtain airbags, Active Stability Control(ASC), ASTC (Active Stability and Traction Control) Parking Assist, 3 Point ELR seatbelt
2013 Mitsubishi Pajero Fuel Consumption
2013 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.0L petrol fuel consumption: 9.0 km/L
2013 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2L diesel fuel consumption: 10.2 km/L
2013 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.8L petrol fuel consumption: 8.2 km/L
2013 Mitsubishi Pajero Acceleration
2013 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.0L petrol accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 13.5 sec.
2013 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2L diesel accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 12.0 sec.
2013 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.8L petrol accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 10.0 sec.
2013 Mitsubishi Pajero Fuel Tank Capacity: 70 Litres
2013 Mitsubishi Pajero Ground Clearance: 8.5 Inches
2013 Mitsubishi Pajero Stability and Handling
From the outside, the Pajero looks like a big lumbering 4×4 but step behind the wheel of the 3.2L diesel and you’ll realize how nimble it is. The gear shifts are fluid and the 5-speed INVECS II automatic transmission delivers power with precision. The 3.0L petrol labors harder to propel the big 4×4 and there’s an audible whine especially when climbing a steep hill. The 3.8L petrol, on the other hand, makes light work of the hills and climbs quickly with minimal complaints.
Minor Service: At 10,000 km for petrol and 5,000 km for diesel. Requires Air Cleaner, Oil Filter, and Engine Oil
Major Service: At 15,000km. Requires Air Cleaner, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter, ATF Filter, Cabin Filter, Plugs, Front Brake Pads, Rear Brake Pads, ATF Oil, and Engine Oil
Spare Parts Availability, Cost & Where to buy
Service parts are affordable and widely available in Kenya. Body parts are also widely available and fairly priced. In Nairobi, most spare shops in Industrial Area and Kirinyaga Road stock the service parts. You can get listings for these shops in this link
2013 Mitsubishi Pajero Reliability
The driving conditions in Kenya are significantly different from those in Japan and Europe. Reliability reviews done for those markets largely do not apply to the Kenyan market. There are differences in roads, fuel, climate, spares, and technical expertise. To give you accurate and reliable local insights, we interview experts such as mechanics and car dealers, who have in-depth knowledge of the Kenyan market. We also test the cars ourselves. Our aim is to give you the right information to enable you make an informed decision when buying a car.
The previous generations especially the V6000 suffered from major issues such as engine and suspension failures. Most of these issues have been eliminated along the way and the current generation is as reliable as it gets. The diesel engine is sensitive and if not properly maintained several issues can crop up. We always advise that you thoroughly read the Owner’s Manual as it contains vital information on the maintenance of the car. To request the 2012 Mitsubishi Pajero Owner’s Manual in English, write to us: [email protected]
Resale Value: Good
Mitsubishi Pajero Competitors: Toyota Prado, Land Rover Discovery, Ford Everest and Nissan Pathfinder.
Cost of Ownership
Purchase Price: from Ksh.3,000,000
Comprehensive Insurance: Average Ksh.112,000/- per annum- Or
3rd Party Insurance: Ksh. 7,000/- per annum
Change of Tyres(If necessary) Ksh. 40,000/- for 4 Tyres
See Latest Mitsubishi Pajero Prices
What we like
- Spacious cabin
- Low maintenance
- Sporty design
- Good ground clearance
What we Don’t
- Sluggish Acceleration on the 3.0L petrol
The Mitsubishi Pajero is simple, efficient and practical. It gets the work down without compromising on the luxurious SUV feel. It’s also relatively affordable compared to some of its competitors and the maintenance costs are quite low.
Where to Buy the 2013 Mitsubishi Pajero in Kenya
If you are looking to either import or buy the Mitsubishi Pajero locally, we can help you with this process. Over the years, we have developed a network of trusted dealers both in Kenya and Japan who supply us with exceptional cars. Simply call us or send us a message through our contacts below and we’ll get you the right car at the right price.
Related Cars for Sale on Topcar
Trade in or Sell Your Car
If you currently own a car that you want to sell or trade-in, we can help you to;
1. Sell it quickly and conveniently to thousands of buyers on our website.
2. Trade-it in for a new one. We work with trusted dealers and you get the car of your choice.
3. Get financing and hire purchase terms on the car you choose.
Simply list your car on our website through this link and let us do the rest. You get these services for only Ksh. 500.
Contact Us To Import This Car
Send Us an Email