2014 BMW 3 Series Review
The BMW 3 Series has established itself as a global icon for more than 30 years superseding most of its competitors like Audi A4, Mazda 6, Jaguar XE, and Lexus Is.
The BMW has been in production since 1975 and is currently in its 6th generation. The 2014 BMW 3 Series is larger and roomier than the previous-generation version.
2014 BMW 3 Series Grades
- 2014 BMW 3 Series 320i– It is powered by a 180-hp turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four engine and comes standard with dual-zone automatic climate control, leatherette (vinyl) upholstery, , BMW’s iDrive interface with a 6.5-inch display screen, a premium audio system with CD player, HD radio.
- 2014 BMW 3 Series 328i- It is equipped with a 240-hp version of the 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-four engine with eight-way power-adjustable front seats with driver memory capabilities, a rearview camera, and auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors.
- 2014 BMW 3 Series 328d- This is a diesel-powered version of the 326i.
- 2014 BMW 3 Series 335i– It is powered by a turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-6 engine and features 18-inch wheels, a sunroof, and xenon HID headlights with adaptive and auto-leveling functions.
- 2014 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive- it shares the same qualities as the 328i but comes with an 8-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive.
- 2014 BMW 3 Series 328d xDrive- it’s the same as the 320d but is an all-wheel drive.
Interior Legroom & Space
BMW describes the interior of the 2014 3 Series as “straight out of the BMW design handbook,” referring to its basic appearance, simple shapes, and premium materials. The cockpit’s seven-degree tilt toward the driver places crucial controls within easy reach. The rear parts of the cabin offer more legroom than those of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Audi A4, and the Mazda 6.
Cabin compartments in the ‘16 3 Series include a large glovebox, decent-sized door bins and a pair of cup-holders in the center console. The front and back seats boast map pockets.
2014 3 Series has a boot space of 480 liters, which is the same as the Audi A4 and Mercedes C-Class. It is also more spacious than the Jaguar XE. More importantly, it has a more user-friendly architecture with less suspension component encroachment, making it much easier to slide heavier items in.
Standard safety features in the ‘14 BMW 3 Series include; antilock brakes, traction and stability control, front side airbags, side curtain airbags, and front knee airbags. Other features in the 2014 3 Series are; BMW Assist eCall, an emergency crash notification system, Blind-Spot Alert, Front & Rear Parking Sensors, Child Door Locks, and Child Seat Anchors.
The 3- Series has evolved steadily over the years and the 2014 model has a longer roofline and is a bit swoopier. The rising beltline that cuts through the sheet metal alongside the doors has optically reduced the 2014 3 series hoodline giving it a more dynamic appearance than its predecessors. The combination of relatively level doors, lower door lines, and slightly more window space visibly lowers the ‘weight’ of the vehicle and arguably makes it look a bit wider.
The 2014 BMW 3 Series has an average fuel consumption of 9.1 L/100km in the city and 5.6 L/100km on highways.
Fuel Tank Capacity
The 2014 BMW 3 Series is built to quality with meticulous attention to detail, and a long list of high-tech features. However, it is less engaging to drive than it used to be. When driven aggressively, the car remains nimble, solid, and beautifully balanced. It also provides a highly enjoyable and well-balanced overall driving experience.
Spare Parts Availability, Cost & Where to buy
Service parts are fairly priced and available in major towns in Kenya. Body parts are expensive and mostly available in Nairobi. You can get listings for BMW 3 Series spare part dealers in this link.
Where to Buy the 2014 BMW 3 Series in Kenya
If you are looking to either import or buy the BMW 3 Series locally, we can help you with this process. Over the years, we have developed a network of trusted dealers both in Kenya and UK who supply us with exceptional cars. Simply call us or send us a message through our contacts below and we’ll get you the right car at the right price.
Get More With TopCar
If you have a question about this model or any other automotive questions, you can now get answers on our forum.
If you want to sell or trade-in you vehicle, you can list it for free via our seller portal.