The Mercedes E-Class was first introduced into the market in 1993 and has been in production for five generations. It has undergone significant changes in that period both in style and performance. The E-Class is a global leader in a wide range of aspects such as comfort, design and safety. Many car manufacturers have expended immense capital to try dethrone it and they are fielding heavyweights such as the BMW 5 Series, Audi A6, Lexus ES and Volvo S90.
Mercedes E-Class Engine and Transmission Options
- The 2.0L Turbocharged 184 HP Petrol engine – In the E200
- The 2.0L Turbocharged 211 HP Petrol engine – In the E250
- The 3.5L V6 Turbocharged 252 HP Petrol Engine – In the E300 and E300 4MATIC
- The 3.0L V6 Turbocharged 333 HP Petrol Engine – In the E400 and E400 4MATIC
- The 4.7L V8 Turbocharged 408 HP Petrol Engine – in the E500 and E500 4MATIC
- The 2.1L Turbocharged 136 HP Diesel Engine – In the E200 CDI
- The 2.1L Turbocharged 170 HP Diesel Engine – In the E220 CDI and CDI Edition
- The 2.1L Turbocharged 205 HP Diesel Engine – In the E250 CDI and E250 CDI 4MATIC
- The 3.0L Turbocharged 231 HP Diesel Engine – In the E300 BlueTec
- The 3.0L Turbocharged 252 HP Diesel Engine – In the E350 BlueTec and E350 BlueTec 4MATIC
- The 2.1L Hybrid 204 HP Diesel Engine – In the E300 BlueTec HYBRID
These are linked to two transmission options; a 6-Speed manual transmission and an automatic 7G-TRONIC PLUS transmission and available in both 2WD and 4WD(4MATIC).
Mercedes E-Class Interior
The E-Class has a luxurious cabin that features high grade materials and modern instrumentation. At the first row, both seats have excellent legroom and can be adjusted to any desired position. At the second row, the legroom is executive class with plenty of room to recline.
Mercedes E-Class Exterior
The E-Class is available with two different front ends the ELEGANCE equipment come as standard with the classic, three-dimensional saloon radiator with three-louvre look and the star on the bonnet. The AVANTGARDE incorporates the sporty front end with a central star. At the rear, the lights and bumper have been revised with horizontally structured LED lights with a two tone look.
Mercedes E-Class Maintenance Costs in Kenya
The Mercedes E-Class Service parts are fairly priced and available in major towns in Kenya. Body parts are expensive and mostly available in Nairobi. You can get listings for Mercedes Benz spare part dealers in this link
Mercedes E-Class Reliability
When it comes to Mercedes Benz, proper maintenance is critical to its long term reliability and longevity. If well maintained, the E-Class can run for years without problems but if you skimp on maintenance, things can get nasty. The E-Class is an advanced car with lots of electronics and sensors that control pretty much everything from simple tasks such as turning on wipers to complex tasks such as monitoring lane activity and blind spots. If something goes wrong with these sensors and this usually happens if the car is poorly maintained, the consequences can be serious and costly.
Mercedes E-Class Alternatives you can buy in Kenya: BMW 5 Series, Audi A6, Lexus ES and Volvo S90.
Mercedes E-Class Price in Kenya: https://cars.topcar.co.ke/vehicles/mercedes-benz/e-class
Import the Mercedes E-Class in Kenya: https://topcar.co.ke/import-your-car/
Trade in or Sell Your Car
If you currently own a car that you want to sell or trade-in, we can help you to;
1. Sell it quickly and conveniently to thousands of buyers on our website.
2. Trade-it in for a new one. We work with trusted dealers and you get the car of your choice.
3. Get financing and hire purchase terms on the car you choose.
Simply list your car on our website through this link and let us do the rest. You get these services for only Ksh. 500.