2014 Toyota Hilux Review
The Toyota Hilux is a formidable workhorse that is loved in the Kenyan market due to its reliability and longevity. The Toyota Hilux competes with the Isuzu D-Max, Ford Ranger, Nissan Hardbody, Nissan Navara, Mazda BT-50, Mitsubishi L200, and VW Amarok.
The Toyota Hilux has been in production since 1968 and has developed to become successful in the Kenyan market due to the versatility that makes it suitable for both commercial and individual use.
The 2014 Toyota Hilux is offered in two diesel engines options; these are the Common Rail 2.5 Litre 2KD-FTV Turbo diesel engine and the Common Rail 3.0 Litre 1KD-FTV Turbo diesel engine
2014 Toyota Hilux Grades
- Single Cab 4×2 – Two passengers, 2.5L engine, 2WD, 5-Speed manual transmission, manual A/C and 15-Inch steel rims
- Single Cab 4×4- Two passengers, 2.5L engine, 4WD, 6-Speed manual transmission, manual A/C and 17-Inch steel rims.
- Standard Grade – Five passengers, 2.5L engine, 4WD, 6-Speed manual transmission, manual A/C and 16-Inch steel rims
- Deluxe Grade – Five passengers, 2.5L engine, 4WD, 6-Speed manual transmission, manual A/C, 17-Inch steel rims and painted grille.
- Super Deluxe Grade (Toyota Hilux Invincible)- Five passengers, 3.0L engine, 4WD, 6-Speed manual transmission, automatic A/C, 17-Inch alloy rims, chrome grille, fog lights, chrome side-step and silver interior trim, high-grade fabric seats, side airbags and curtain airbags.
- Super Deluxe Grade (Toyota Hilux Invincible X)- Five passengers, 3.0L engine, 4WD, 5-Speed automatic transmission, automatic A/C, 17-Inch alloy rims, chrome grille, fog lights, chrome side-step, silver interior trim, leather seats, side airbags, and curtain airbags.
2014 Toyota Hilux Interior
The 2014 double cabin Hilux has a spacious interior that can seat 5 adult passengers comfortably. Is has excellent legroom in both the first and second rows. The second-row seats have an upright and fixed back that can be strenuous at long distances.
There are several storage compartments in the cabin that are useful for storing items such as smartphones, beverages, goggles, handbags, etc. In the first row, there are 4 cup-holders, door panel storage, a glovebox, and the center box. For the second row, there are 2 cup-holders on the armrest.
2014 Toyota Hilux Safety Features
Standard safety features in the 2014 Toyota Hilux include; SRS Airbags( Driver Knee airbags, side airbags, curtain airbags) ABS with EBD, 3-Point ELR seatbelts, and Brake Assist.
2014 Toyota Hilux Exterior
The 2014 Hilux maintains the same design as the 2013 model, which was redesigned and given an all-new nose and tail lights hence making it a more family-friendly and an improvement from its previously agricultural look.
2014 Toyota Hilux Fuel Consumption
The 2014 Toyota Hilux has an average fuel economy of 8.7L/100Km
2014 Toyota Hilux Fuel Tank Capacity: 80 Litres
2014 Toyota Hilux Ground Clearance
It has a ground clearance of 11.0, inches, which is above the minimum required clearance in Kenya; hence, it has a good off-road capability.
Toyota Hilux Performance and Handling
The Toyota Hilux is a quick and easy-to-drive truck with perfectly balanced steering that delivers excellent response to the driver. The turbocharged common rail engines offer ample power for normal day-to-day driving but the 3.0L is exceptionally powerful and thrilling to drive.
The Toyota Hilux has gone under tremendous redesigns since its debut and is now one of the best trucks in the market. When properly maintained the Hilux can serve you for many years. It also has unbeatable resale value.
Get More With TopCar
If you have a question about this model or any other automotive questions, you can now get answers on our forum.
If you want to sell or trade-in you vehicle, you can list it for free via our seller portal.