2016 Nissan Note Review
The Nissan Note is one of the most popular small hatchbacks in the Kenyan market that competes with established brands such as the Toyota Ractis, Subaru Trezia, Honda Fit, and Mazda Demio. The Nissan Note has undergone improvements over the years and now boasts a spacious interior that can comfortably seat 5 adult passengers.
The Nissan Note has been in production since 2004 and is currently in its third generation. The first generation known as the E11 was in production from 2005 to 2013. The second generation known as the E12 was in production from 2012 to 2020. The third generation began production in 2020.
The 2016 Nissan Note comes with 2 engine options namely, the 1.2L HR12DDR supercharged engine and the 1.2L HR12DE aspirated engine.
2016 Nissan Note Grades
- Nissan Note S – This is the base grade that comes with the 1.2L HR12DE engine, Key start, manual AC, Radio/CD player, and 14-Inch steel rims.
- Nissan Note X – This grade comes with the 1.2L HR12DE engine, smart start, manual AC, Radio/CD player and 14-Inch steel rims
- Nissan Note X Emergency Brake Package – This grade comes with the same features as X and adds the Emergency Brake Package.
- Nissan Note X FOUR – This grade comes with the 1.2L HR12DE engine, 4WD, smart start, manual AC, Navigation/Infotainment and 15-Inch alloy rims
- Nissan Note X FOUR Emergency Brake Package – This grade comes with the same features as X FOUR and adds the Emergency Brake Package.
- Nissan Note S DIG-S Emergency Brake Package – This grade comes with the same features as DIG-S and adds the Emergency Brake Package.
- Nissan Note X DIG-S Simple Package – This grade comes with the 1.2L HR12DDR supercharged engine, smart start, automatic AC, Navigation/Infotainment and 14-Inch steel rims and fog lights.
- Nissan Note MEDALIST – This is the luxury grade that comes with the 1.2L HR12DDR supercharged engine, smart start, automatic AC, Navigation/Infotainment and 15-Inch alloy rims and fog lights. New sub grades added in 2015 MEDALIST X and MEDALIST X FOUR
- Nissan Note MEDALIST Emergency Brake Package – This grade comes with the same features as MEDALIST and adds the Emergency Brake Package.
2016 Nissan Note Interior
Legroom & Space
The Note’s interior is visually pleasing and made with soft-touch plastics. It maintains the minimalist and functional design from the previous generation.
It is simple to get comfortable in the front seats and the back seats. The Note is quite tall, which means there is enough headroom for practically everyone. It has a back seat that can move forwards and backward to provide more leg or luggage capacity as needed, and the rear legroom is particularly amazing when pushed back as far as it will go.
There are several storage compartments in the cabin that are useful for storing items such as smartphones, beverages, goggles, handbags, etc. In the first row, there are 4 cup-holders, door panel storage, a glovebox, and center box. For the second row, there is a storage bin in the center box.
2016 Nissan Note Boot Space
The Nissan Note has a 381-liter trunk, which is more than 100 liters larger than the previous generation.
2016 Nissan Note Safety Features
Standard safety features in the 2016 Note include; antilock brakes (front discs and rear drums), front-seat side airbags, side curtain airbags, traction, and stability control.
2016 Nissan Note Exterior
The exterior of the 2016 Note remains the same as the previous generations but has some tweaks that give it a modern look.
2016 Nissan Note Fuel Consumption
7.5 L/100 km
2016 Nissan Note Acceleration
The 2016 Note takes 12.8 seconds to accelerate from 0 to 100km/h.
2016 Nissan Note Fuel Tank Capacity
2016 Nissan Note Ground Clearance
The 2016 Nissan Note has a ground clearance of 5.9 Inches (150mm). This is below the minimum recommended clearance of 6.5 Inches for Kenyan roads
2016 Nissan Note Conclusion
The Nissan Note is a vehicle that accomplishes a lot with so little. Its tiny body can accommodate five adults comfortably. In addition, it consumes an average of 7.5 liters of petrol for every 100 kilometers traveled. This makes it a wonderful option for those on a tight budget, as it is an excellent economy vehicle with lower ownership and operating costs.
Get More With TopCar
If you have a question about this model or any other automotive questions, you can now get answers on our forum.
If you want to sell or trade-in you vehicle, you can list it for free via our seller portal.