The Subaru Impreza has been in production for five generations starting from 1992 to present. The 2013 model is part of the fourth generation that was in production from 2011 to 2016. It brought about major changes such as new engines, better fuel economy, improved aerodynamics and an upgraded interior. The 5-door hatchback was renamed to Impreza Sport and the 4-door saloon was renamed to Impreza G4. The body size remains the same as the previous model but the wheelbase increased by 25mm and the lower end of the A-Pillar was extended to create more space and to improve driver visibility.
The 1.5L EJ15 engine was replaced with a new 1.6L FB16 engine that is 20% more efficient and accelerates as fast as the previous 2.0L engine. The 2.0L EJ20 was replaced with a new 2.0L FB20 engine that is shared with the Forester which improves fuel efficiency by 27% and increases power to a level comparable to that of a 2.5L engine. There’s no turbo engine in the lineup and the highest rated engine is the 2.0L FB20. Even with the lack of turbo, the 2.0L engine is still accelerative and it pulls from a standstill extremely fast.
It comes with 2 transmission options; a 5-Speed manual transmission and a chain driven Lineartronic CVT transmission that is also used in the Legacy and Exiga but more optimized for the Impreza layout. It’s offered in both 2WD and 4WD. The 2.0L grades come with a paddle shift 6-Speed manual mode and all grades except the 1.6i are equipped with an idling stop system.
- Improved Performance
- Modern Interior
- Good Fuel Economy
- Spacious Interior
2013 Subaru Impreza Grades -For both Impreza Sport and Impreza G4
- Subaru Impreza 1.6i – This is the base grade that comes with the 1.6L engine, CVT or Manual Transmission, 2WD or 4WD, 15-Inch alloy rims, smart start, CD/Radio player, manual seats.
- Subaru Impreza 1.6iL – This is an intermediate grade that comes with the 1.6L engine, CVT or Manual Transmission, 2WD or 4WD, 16-Inch alloy rims, fog lights, smart start, Keyless Entry, DVD Player, a multifunction display, idling stop(CVT model)
- Subaru Impreza 2.0i – This is a basic grade that comes with the 2.0L engine, CVT Transmission, 2WD or 4WD, 15-Inch alloy rims, smart start, DVD Player, a multifunction display, idling stop, PaddleShift.
- Subaru Impreza 2.0i EyeSight – This is an intermediate grade that comes with the 2.0L engine, CVT Transmission, 4WD, 16-Inch alloy rims, fog lights, smart start, DVD Player, a multifunction display, idling stop, PaddleShift, EyeSight.
- Subaru Impreza 2.0iS – This is the premium grade that comes with the 2.0L engine, CVT Transmission, 2WD or 4WD, 17-Inch alloy rims, fog lights, smart start, DVD Player, a multifunction display, idling stop, PaddleShift.
- Subaru Impreza 2.0iS EyeSight – This is the premium grade that comes with the 2.0L engine, CVT Transmission, 2WD or 4WD, 17-Inch alloy rims, fog lights, smart start, DVD Player, a multifunction display, idling stop, EyeSight, PaddleShift.
2012 Subaru Impreza Interior
The Impreza has changed by leaps and bounds. The cabin is spacious and modern with a blend of materials such as metal, leather and fabric that give it a touch of luxury. The instrument panel is furnished with LCD displays and switches that are sharp and crystal clear both in daytime and nighttime.
The seats are set at a higher position than previous models providing for a good view of the road and easy entry and exit. The legroom has improved greatly and both rows are sufficiently supplied with space.
2013 Subaru Impreza Exterior
The body size has not changed much except the wheelbase that increased by 25mm. Visually it looks sleeker with a sharper front and flat rear for the hatchback. Higher grades come with 17-Inch alloy rims and fog lights.
There are several storage compartments in the cabin that are useful for storing items such as smartphones, beverages, goggles, handbags, etc. At the first row, there are 2 cup-holders, door panel storage, a storage shelf below the dashboard, a glovebox and the center-box. For the second row, the storage is on the front seat jacket pockets.
2013 Subaru Impreza Boot Space
The Impreza has a fairly spacious boot that can carry luggage for a family of 5 people. When extra space is required, the rear seats can fold flat in a split configuration.
Extras: Sunroof, Roof Rails, Spoiler
2013 Subaru Impreza Safety features: SRS Airbags, ABS, Brake Assist, Vehicle Dynamic Control(VDC), Brake Override Control, EyeSight (Ver.2)
2013 Subaru Impreza Fuel Consumption
2013 Subaru Impreza 1.6L fuel consumption: 16.8 km/L
2013 Subaru Impreza 1.6L (with idling stop) fuel consumption: 17.6 km/L
2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0L fuel consumption: 17.2 km/L
Performance and Drive
The 2013 Subaru Impreza handles the road very well and is a pleasant car to drive. Around corners, it feels assuringly stable even at higher speeds. Unlike the previous models that were heavy and slow, the 2013 model is agile and nimble hitting acceleration speeds much faster.
2013 Subaru Impreza Acceleration
2013 Subaru Impreza 1.6L accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 11.5 sec.
2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0L accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 9.6 sec.
2013 Subaru Impreza Fuel Tank Capacity: 60 Litres
2013 Subaru Impreza Ground Clearance
It has a ground clearance of 5.7 inches(155mm) which is below the minimum recommended ground clearance of 6.5 Inches for Kenyan roads and it may not clear some speed bumps. It might be necessary to modify the ground clearance to adjust the car to Kenyan roads. Read our guidelines here on how to safely increase a vehicle’s ground clearance.
2013 Subaru Impreza Service Intervals
Minor Service: At 5,000 km. Requires Air Cleaner, Oil Filter, and Engine Oil
Major Service: At 10,000km. Requires Air Cleaner, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter, ATF Filter, Cabin Filter, Plugs, Front Brake Pads, Rear Brake Pads, ATF Oil, and Engine Oil
Spare Parts Availability, Cost & Where to buy
Service parts are very affordable and widely available in Kenya. Body parts can be expensive depending on availability. In Nairobi, most spare shops in Industrial Area and Kirinyaga Road stock these parts. You can get listings for these shops here follow this link
Resale Value: Good
Subaru Impreza Competitors: Toyota Auris, Mazda Axela, VW Golf, Audi A3, Mitsubishi Galant Fortis and the Nissan Tiida
Cost of Ownership
Purchase Price: from Ksh.900,000
Comprehensive Insurance: Average Ksh. 36,000/ per annum- Or
3rd Party Insurance: Ksh. 7,000/- per annum
Change of Tyres(If necessary) Ksh. 24,000/- for 4 Tyres
See Latest Subaru Impreza prices here
What We Like
- High quality build
- Modern Interior
- Good Performance
- Fuel Efficient
What we don’t
- Low ground clearance
The Subaru Impreza is an excellent family car that is best suited for urban dwellers. It’s been upgraded to become a true economical car and it’s also reliable with minimal issues. Compared to its rivals, it’s a more attractive car to buy particularly because of the symmetrical AWD and spacious interior.
Related Cars for Sale on Topcar
Trade in or Sell Your Car
If you currently own a car that you want to sell or trade-in, we can help you to;
1. Sell it quickly and conveniently to thousands of buyers on our website.
2. Trade-it in for a new one. We work with trusted dealers and you get the car of your choice.
3. Get financing and hire purchase terms on the car you choose.
Simply list your car on our website through this link and let us do the rest. You get these services for only Ksh. 500.
Contact Us To Import, Buy, Sell or Trade-In