2015 Mazda CX-5 Review
The Mazda CX-5 is arguably the most common compact SUV in the Kenyan market thanks to its great fuel efficiency, design, great handling, and practicability. It strikes a perfect balance between elegance and brawn which appeals to both a masculine and feminine clientele. It competes with established brands such as the Nissan X-Trail, Subaru Forester, Toyota Rav-4, Honda CR-V, Mitsubishi Outlander, and the VW Tiguan.
The 5-seater has been in production since 2012 and has two generations. The first generation known as the KE series was in production from 2012 to 2017, and the second generation known as KF has been in production from 2017 to the present. The CX-5 shares the same platform as the Axela and Atenza.
The 2015 CX-5 comes with 3 engine options; a 2.5-Litre SKYACTIV-G petrol engine, a 2.2 Litre SKYACTIV-D diesel engine, and a 2.0 Litre SKYACTIV-G petrol engine.
Mazda CX-5 Grades
- Mazda CX-5 20C – This is the base grade that comes with the 2.0L petrol engine, 2WD, 17-Inch alloy rims, Smart Start, i-stop, DVD/Radio player, and manually operated cloth seats.
- Mazda CX-5 20S – This is mid-range grade that comes with the 2.0L petrol engine, 2WD and 4WD, 17-Inch alloy rims, DVD/Navi system with Bose audio, steering controls, and automatically operated clothe seats
- Mazda CX5 XD – This grade comes with the 2.2L diesel engine, 2WD and 4WD, 17-Inch alloy rims, smart start, i-stop, DVD/Radio player with Bose audio, steering controls and manually operated cloth seats
- Mazda CX-5 XD L Package – This is the premium grade that comes with the 2.2L diesel engine, 2WD and 4WD, 19-Inch alloy rims, smart start, i-stop, DVD/Navi system with Bose audio and electrically operated leather seats
- Mazda CX-5 25S – This grade that comes with the 2.5L petrol engine, 4WD, 18-Inch alloy rims, DVD/Navi system with Bose audio, steering controls and automatically operated clothe seats
- Mazda CX-5 25S L Package – This is the premium grade that comes with the 2.5L petrol engine, 2WD and 4WD, 19-Inch alloy rims, smart start, i-stop, DVD/Navi system with Bose audio and electrically operated leather seats
2015 Mazda CX-5 Interior
Legroom & Space
The 2015 Mazda CX-5 has 5 seats in two rows that have decent legroom and headroom. In the first row, both seats have excellent legroom and can comfortably accommodate tall people. In the second row, the legroom is ok and feels adequate even for tall people.
The dashboard is attractive and modern with a mature design that isn’t covered in cheap-looking faux wood or gleaming chrome accents. Instead, materials are basic and high-quality, and satin-finish metallic elements are used sparingly to complement soft-touch surfaces.
There are several storage compartments in the cabin that are useful for storing items such as smartphones, beverages, goggles, handbags, etc. In the first row, there are 4 cup-holders, door panel storage, a storage shelf below the dashboard, a glovebox, and the center box. For the second row, there are 4 cupholders, front seat jacket pockets, and door pockets.
2015 Mazda CX-5 Boot Space
There is 34 cubic feet of cargo space with all seats occupied, which increases to a competitive 65 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down.
Standard Features in the 2015 CX-5 include; antilock brakes, stability and traction control, front side airbags, side curtain airbags, an automatic crash notification feature, and a blind-spot warning system.
2015 Mazda CX-5 Exterior
The 2015 CX-5 maintains the same exterior design as the 2014 model but comes with a revised grille, headlight inlays, bumper features, tail-light inlays, slightly different door mirrors, and a marginally smaller sharkfin antenna. All grades come with alloy rims, fog lights, and a dual exhaust that gives it a sporty look.
2015 Mazda CX-5 2.0L petrol fuel consumption: 12.0 km/L
2015 Mazda CX-5 2.5L petrol fuel consumption: 15.2 km/L
Fuel Tank Capacity
56 Litres for 2WD and 58 Litres for 4WD
2015 Mazda CX-5 Reliability
Mazda builds reliable cars and the CX-5 is no exception. The diesel engine requires extra care and it can be problematic if not properly maintained. The CX-5 requires maintenance to be undertaken every 10,000km
The Mazda CX-5 is an excellent SUV that is ideal for both urban and upcountry dwellers.
Also Read: 2016 Mazda Axela Review
Get More With TopCar
If you have a question about this model or any other automotive questions, you can now get answers on our forum.
If you want to sell or trade-in you vehicle, you can list it for free via our seller portal.